A sippy cup that grows with your baby is unheard of in the sippy cup world. After your baby outgrows the sippy cup then most parents put those aside and buy the next bottle. The Kid Basix Safe Sippy 2 saves you the trouble of buying the next bottle because it combines a sippy and a straw cup into one bottle.
What is the Safe Sippy 2 you ask?
- 2-in-1 sippy to straw cup
- Non-leaching stainless steel – therefore BPA free
- No-spill cup (although there are some reports of leakage from the spout and straw)
- Removable handles make it easy to hold for little ones – although many claim that the cup is easy to hold with or without the handles
- Thermo plastic rubber sleeve to insulate the cup – can be difficult to remove
- Toxic free
- Dishwasher safe
- Comes with the narrow safe spout for learners – some reviews say the angled spout is awkward
- Also comes with the straw and straw adapter for later use
- Travel plug goes into adapter to absolutely prevent cup from spilling
- 11 oz cup
- Dust cap – to keep spout clean
- Safe Sippy recommends removing and washing all parts after each use and dry each part before reassembly – the sleeve should be removed periodically to prevent mold build-up behind the sleeve
- Comes in 6 colors
The Safe Sippy 2 is expensive at $14.95 on Amazon but for 1 bottle that grows with your child and has long term use then it may be worth the investment. I am going to buy it for my baby when she graduates to the sippy cup. I like that you have both straw and sippy option in 1 bottle. Some babies have a preference for one or the other and this cup gives you the flexibility to go either way so you do not end up buying a bottle that never gets used.