According to Consumer Search, the best lightweight umbrella stroller on the market is the UppaBaby G-Lite. Safe, sturdy and highly rated, this stroller is one to buy when short on space or for a quick go-to stroller.
- Lightweight aluminum frame – 8.3 pounds
- Shoulder strap to carry when folded
- High rear axle to avoid tow stubs for parent
- Single-side foot controlled brake
- Swivel and locking front wheels
- 5 point harness
- One-handed collapse
- Self standing when folded
- Removable and washable, mesh (great for air circulation on hot days), nylon padded seats – stain and water resistant
- 4 wheel suspension to help handle slightly bumpy roads
- Extended sun canopy
- Removable cup holder
- 4 color options
- Use from 6 months to 40 pounds
- Seat does not recline
- Small storage basket
As far as low cost yet sturdy umbrella strollers go, the UppaBaby G-Lite is a decent option. Personally, I do not like the non-reclining feature. I have a Maclaren Triumph umbrella stroller that my boys have fallen asleep in many times. If I could not recline my sleeping child, I can’t imagine how uncomfortable they would be. If the G-Lite is your running errands stroller then buy it but if its an all day stroller then you may want to upgrade to a higher end umbrella stroller, such as the UppaBaby G-Luxe umbrella stroller.
UppaBaby has received rave reviews for their customer service. That may be reason enough to buy a stroller from them. So many companies have such poor customer service these days, it is great to see that some companies still believe in treating their customers well!