Britian’s #1 baby brand, Mamas and Papas, has a really cool and fairly affordable stroller, the Sola. “Designed to be flexible, functional and fun,” the 4-wheeled Sola is useful as a travel system stroller or a compact stroller for toddlers (although not as small as an umbrella stroller).
- Use from birth to 50 lbs
- Padded and soft seat faces in or out
- Multi-position recline – from laying down to sitting up
- Front and rear wheel suspension
- Removable and lockable front swivel wheels
- 5 point harness – adjustable height setting as baby grows
- Removable bumper bar that swings open to let baby in and out
- Mid-range weight – 22 lbs
- Handlebars – height adjustable and foam grip
- Adjustable footrest
- Canopy is not large but has a peek-a-boo window
- Easy access storage basket
- Comes fully assembled except for adding the wheels
- Rain cover included
- Car seat adapter sold separately – compatible with Graco, Maxi -Cosi & Primo Viaggio car seats – remove the seat and use the frame for the car seat (like a snap and go)
- Bassinet sold separately
Like many European brand strollers, the Sola does not come with a lot of bells and whistles, such as a parent cup holder or snack tray for baby. In addition, the Sola takes up a decent amount of space when folded, requires 2 hands to fold and does not stand up on its own when folded.
Despite the negatives, the Sola is a decent stroller. You are paying more for a European “designer” stroller than you would a Graco, for example, that has more bells and whistles. If you are looking for a stylish stroller that is lower cost then the Sola is a great way to go but if you want more features at the same if not lower price then Sola is not for you.