If you are looking for a humidifier that has dual purpose, check out the Vicks Starry Night Humidifier is a cool mist humidifier and a starry night projector. It is the perfect humidifer for a kids room because it releases cool moisture to decongest while displaying a starry night to help your child fall asleep. While the projector is great, it does not have to be one to have the humidifier running, it can be turned on and off independent of the humidifier.
- Contains a 1 gallon reservoir of water which is supposed to last 18-24 hours
- Very quiet
- Few different parts that needs to be maintained and cleaned
- 2 speed settings – max and sleep modes
- Filter must be replaces every 1-2 months (if used daily)
- Projector scene changes colors and displays stars and a moon
- Can add a scent pad for a soothing non-medicated aroma
The Vicks Starry Night Humidifier is a decent humidifier, but it does have a few drawbacks such as extra parts that need to be maintained and replaceable filter (others do not have that.) I have a Vicks Humidifer that have the extra parts and replaceable filter and it is not such a big deal to clean and maintain, maybe 5 minutes. I have had it for 5 years and it has served us well.
On the other hand, the humidifier is a great projector which can also double as a night light and it is a cool mist rather than a hot mist so it is safer for children. For $50, you get a 2-in-1, how can you go wrong?