Much loved UK based Tommee Tippee just came out with a Double Electric Breast Pump to add to their line of all ready great products. This fully integrated pump allows mom to pump milk directly into a Tommee Tippee bottle or storage pods that fit right into Tommee Tippee® Closer to Nature® bottles. The system makes feeding easier because the bottles are ready to use straight from the pump and there are less parts to clean.
- 5 control settings
- Anti back flow mechanism – prevents milk from pooling in the tubes or pump which can create mildew or ruin the motor
- Soft silicone cup (flex and stretch to fit comfortably) with massaging ripples mimics baby’s natural feeding action
- Easy and simple to assemble
- Low, medium and high suction levels for maximum efficiency and extra comfort
- 1 handed operation
- Touch sensitive pads with digital display – clock and timer
Included in the box:
- 1x double electric breast pump
- 4x spare valves
- 2x 5oz bottles with slow flow nipples
- 2x 9oz bottles with protection lids
- 2x 4oz and 4x 2oz protection pods
- Protection pod tray
- Insulated case
- 6x breast pads
- Carry bag to hold pump and accessories
After pumping into the storage pods, place the pods in pod protection tray and place in the fridge or freezer. When ready to feed, drop the pod into the Closer to Nature bottle, replace the storage lid with the nipple and the bottle is ready to go.
The Tommee Tippee pump will rival the Medela Pump In Style but it has one leg up with the convenient pump into bottle system. Especially since the Tommee Tippee bottles are known to be fantastic for babies due to the super soft, extra wide nipple.
My one hesitation is that because it is so new, there are not long term user reviews of the pump so I can’t say how great it really will be in the long run. Hopefully it will stand up to the Tommee Tippee name, especially since it is expensive at $249.99 (available at Babies R Us).