Netharlands based company Mutsy, known for their sleek baby gear, recently released a new stroller, the Evo. Lightweight, compact and easy to manage, the Evo is a stroller cool enough to consider.
- Use from newborn to 50 lbs
- Compatible with a bassinet, buggy seat with hood and bumper bar or Maxi-Cosi Mico car seat, Graco Snugride or Graco Safeseat (with car seat adapter)
- Aluminum frame
- Fully adjustable seat – various recline settings all the way flat to upright (1 handed recline), can face in or out, washable fabric, 5 point harness
- Leg and foot supports can be raised or lowered
- Expandable hood – zipper to expand even further
- Adjustable leatherette handle bar – does not telescope out but adjusts up or down
- Rubber wheels – 360 degree front swivel and lockable wheels, mount and remove rear wheels with the press of a button, linked rear wheel brake
- Accessible and large storage basket
- Fold stroller with or without the seat
- Customize the stroller – choose between a black or grey metal frame and then choose between 6 fabric colors (black, bright blue, brown, navy blue, red, white)
- Weighs 26 lbs with seat or 18 lbs without seat
There are a few complaints about the Mutsy Evo. First of all, it does not have a parent tray or cup holder. Second of all, the fold requires a few steps, so its not fast but it does get easy once you get the hold of it. Next,with the seat, the stroller is relatively heavy at 26 lbs.
The Evo has a lot of positive aspects such as amazing maneuverability and compact fold. It is considered a high-end luxury stroller but then is the cheapest in that category. The Evo is $399 for the frame and seat. The accessories (bassinet, car seat adapter etc) are sold separately.
I am a fan of the Mutsy Evo! If you are into the pram-type strollers and love the idea of a “brand name” stroller without the $1000+ sticker price then the Evo is one to consider. On the market for about 1 month, there are not many user reviews on the Evo. If you are not sure, wait a few months and I am sure the reviews will remain positive because it really is a great stroller!