As consumers we are all aware of the dangers with plastic bottles. Even though BPA bottles are readily available and more widespread than ever, there are still risks. BPA-free bottles can leach chemicals and petroleum by-products just from normal wear and tear. I had heard of Pura Stainless but never thought about trying their bottle for my daughter. I was thrilled when Pura Stainless asked BabyRecs to review the Kiki Infant Bottle. They sent me a pink 11 oz stainless steel infant bottle. Since my daughter is not taking the bottle with milk, I bought a Pura Soft Spout so she can drink water from the Pura Kiki. She loves the bottle because it is narrow enough to hold for her small hands. Its a little big in terms of length but she will grow into it. I love the Pura Kiki and here is why…
- Stainless steel is unbreakable – safer than BPA-free bottles and glass bottles are safe for baby but they can shatter if dropped or accidently thrown.
- Independently certified to be 100% BPA free, 100% phthalate free, 100% lead free and 100% PVC free.
- Crafted from safe, anti-bacterial, #304 stainless steel – the same material used in milk pasteurization for years.
- The paint used on the outside of the bottles is non-toxic and free of lead, phthalates, PVC and BPA.
- The bottle and components are dishwasher safe on the top rack.
- It is an infant bottle that converts to a sippy cup just by changing the nipple to a spout.
- Volume markings (in ounces) are visible on the outside and inside of the bottle.
- Compatible with spouts and nipples from Avent, Dr. Browns, Pura, MAM, Born Free etc – your child can use the nipple/spout that they like best not the one that the bottle comes with.
- Includes a silicone nipple/spout cover.
- Bottle contents can be warmed in a bottle warmer or by placing the bottle in a cup/bowl/pot of hot water.
- Available in 11 oz or 5 oz bottles.
- Colorful silicone sleeves available for purchase to make the bottle less slippery and so the bottle is not too cold or hot too hold from the contents.
- Lifetime warranty on stainless component – that means you can use the bottle as long as your child needs it (you will need to replace the nipples and spouts)
I am a super fan of Pura and I just may buy a Pura Adult Bottle for myself.
Disclosure: I received a free product for review purposes. However, all opinions and experiences are 100% my own.