I was gifted the Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Learning Home when my first son was born. We did not realize the value of this toy until we opened it when my son started sitting at 6 months. We quickly learned that this is the best toy ever! All three of my children have loved it and been using it since they were old enough to play. A home that your children can call their own – what more can they ask for? All the bells and whistles with learning activities, fun, and music.
- Learning Time – hear the alphabet with play along radio, drop balls in rain spot for counting, spin house numbers, move hands of the clock, shape sorter, colors, opposites (up/down, night/day, in/out, on/off)
- Music – 21 songs (including Hickory Dickory Dock, The Itsy Bitsy Spider), 25+ sounds and encouraging phrases
- Door for baby to crawl through
- “Outside” – doorbell that rings, mailbox for letters (3 letters included), sun and moon dial, rolling garden display, spinning flower, window to open and close, house numbers that move, shape sorter
- “Inside”- on off light switch (light turns on “outside”), singing clock
- Volume control for the music, sounds
- Requires 3 C batteries
- Use from 6 months – 3 years – grows with your child (helps to teach time for older ones etc)
- Lots of pieces to the house which can get lost – 3 balls, 3 plastic pieces of mail, 4 shapes, 1 door key
- Very expensive for a toy- $90
- Can tip over if pushed (I have seen my boys rough play with it and knock it over but as babies they were not able to do it)
- Big and bulky (flat enough where in can be pushed against a wall to minimize the space it takes up)
My kids spend a lot of time going in and out of the house and playing with all the various parts of the house. Another great thing is that more than 1 kid can play with the house at the same time. I have seen my kids interacting with it together and there is plenty of space or things for them to do. The Laugh & Learn Learning Home has received the most mileage in our house. Luckily we got it as a gift, but I am such a fan that if you have the money to spare, this is a fantastic gift for a baby.