This past weekend I had the unique opportunity to attend the Pre-Golden Globes Event the Boom Boom Room. Aside from getting excited about seeing celebrities (yes I love it) I had an amazing opportunity to sample many new and existing baby/mommy products. These next few weeks are going to consist of reviews of products that you will be happy to learn about.
Here is a review of 4 Philips Avent products that I received:
Avent Natural Feeding Bottle - 9 oz
- 0-6 months
- Made of propylene – BPA free
- New bottle design to allow babies to feed as close to breast as possible – ergonomic shape and wide neck
- Advanced anti-colic twin valve – avents air into the bottle but not into baby’s tummy
- Easy to clean – only 3 parts – bottle, nipple and ring
- Comfort petals inside nipple allows for extra soft, flexible nipples – provides a more comfortable feed
- Wide nipple – mimics mom’s breast
- Also comes in 4 oz, glass
The great thing about the Avent Natural Feeding Bottle is that it only has 3 parts to it makes cleaning simple (compared to a lot of other bottles that have a ton of parts). The new shape is nice because it makes it easier to hold the bottle for mom and baby. The fun part about the bottle is that it also comes in pink and blue so you can personalize the color to your baby!
Avent Soothie – green 0-3 months
- Highly durable, hospital-grade silicone – will not discolor, lose shape, smell or stick
- Orthodontic nipple
- Dishwasher safe or can be sterilized
- 1 piece design – adheres to American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines
- BPA free, latex free
- 2 pacifiers per pack
- Also available in 3+ months and pink, purple, blue, yellow
The Avent Soothie is so popular that over 2000 US hospitals give this pacifier to newborns due to its unique shape. It soothes and calms your baby without affecting normal development. The only drawback is that they do not fasten to the pacifier holders on the market.
Avent Classic Translucent Pacifier – green, 0-6 months
- Durable silicone – no scent or taste, will not discolor, misshape or stick
- Collapsible nipple with a flat and drop-shaped design to comfortably fit your baby’s palate even if the pacifier is upseide down
- Snap on cap – to protect the nipple
- BPA free
- Ring handle held to a colored accent
- Gaps in the pacifier shield allow for airflow to keep baby’s face from getting irritated
- Dishwasher or sterilization safe
- Also available in 6-18 month size and many different colors and fashionable patterns
The Avent Classic Pacifier is a popular pacifier for babies. If you are unsure of which brand pacifier to buy this may be a good one to start with.
Avent Natural Drinking Cup – green
- Not a straw cup or traditional sippy cup – teaches baby how to drink from a regular drinking cup – baby can drink from any side of the rim just like an adult cup
- Spill-proof valve – the fast flow valve is activated by the child’s top lip pressing on the top of the cup so the drink only flows when this happens
- Trainer handles to make it easy to hold
- Dishwasher safe
- BPA free
- Includes a separate hygienic lid to keep the cup and its contents clean, whether you’re at home or on the go
- Also available in red
I love this new cup! I started using this with my 1 year old daughter who loves drinking from our cups but its hard to feed her that way. The Avent Natural Drinking Cup is a hit with my daughter. She loves drinking from it but I can’t leave her alone with it because when she threw it off her high chair it spilled all over the place. A great teaching cup but not a cup that a young thrower can be left alone with. I just love that at such a young age I can teach her to drink from a regular cup! The only other thing that I do not love about this cup is the multiple parts – it is also a little challenging to put together the first few times – it take practice figuring out how to get it right. Overall, this cup is genius!