Disclosure: I received Simply Merino products to facilitate my review. All opinions and experiences are 100% my own.
In January, I met the founder of Simply Merino, Jill Wood at the Boom Boom Room. We spent quite a while talking about our children since we both have 2 boys and 1 girl with the same age difference. Jill was kind enough to allow me to choose a pair of pajamas for review. I chose pyjamas in blue night in size 6 for my oldest son. Simply Merino is a Canadian company, based in Vancouver, BE that specializes in 100% merino wool clothing, sourced and manufactured in New Zealand.
- Naturally fire-resistant (unlike other pj’s that are chemically treated to be fire resistant)
- Natural fabric that breathes – keeping your child dry and regulates their body temperature
- Very soft
- Odor resistant
- Stain resistant
- Naturally durable and will withstand a lot of washes and wear and tear without looking worn out
- Biodegradable, renewable, and requires no pesticides
- Merino is static resistant – attracts less dust particles and lint (great for kids with allergies)
So many great reasons to buy from Simply Merino. To top it off, their clothes are all chemical-free – yay for warm and children safe clothing!!
At the Boom Boom Room I had a chance to see and feel a sample of merino wool. I was still a little skeptical about it since the wool I think of is usually itchy and my son will never wear anything that is not soft. My immediate reaction, when I saw the pyjamas, was wow! They are super soft, like silky soft. These will be perfect as pj’s, but they were perfect thermal alternatives when we went to Tahoe a few weeks ago. My son was was not cold at all when in the snow and I love that if he got wet on the inside then at least the clothes are breathable. The shirt will also be a perfect undershirt in the winter, under his school uniform. So many useful options with Simply Merino!
Visit Simply Merino product page to see their entire clothing line (from 6 months up to 12). You will be quite pleased!