Video baby monitors have come a long way in 6 years. I am amazed at the clarity, visibility, reliability of video monitors these days. One monitor that I am referring to is the Motorola MBP36 Remote Wireless Video Baby Monitor. The MBP36 is one of the best video monitors on the market due to its features and technological innovations.
Features of the Motorola MPB36:
- 3.5” diagonal color LCD screen
- Remote pan, tilt and zoom camera – move the camera from the parent unit
- Rechargeable battery for parent unit
- Camera is AC unit – plug-in only
- Infrared night vision
- Room temperature thermometer
- Range up to 590 ft with “out of range” warning
- 2.4 GHz wireless transmissions are
- Five polyphonic lullabies can be played and controlled by parent unit
- 5 LED alerts for noise level – sound activated
- 2 way communicator – talk to your child through the monitor
- Ability to turn video off and only keep audio on
- Can also be used as a camera – take pictures of your peacefully sleeping baby
- Can add up to 3 additional cameras with the same parent unit – scans all cameras every 12 seconds
OK so with all these great features, the only assumption is that the Motorola MBP36 Remote Wireless Video Baby Monitor is going to cost you an arm and a leg. While it is not cheap, about $240, it is comparative in price to other video monitors, only it is one of the best you can buy!
A few complaints:
- Charge on parent unit battery does not last long – the video uses the battery faster
- Some parents find that the lullaby tunes are not soothing
- The volume control is annoying to access – have to get into the Menu setting to access volume – should just be a volume control on the unit
All video monitors are with flaws…they are not perfect but the Motorola MBP36 comes close to being the best on the market.