Disclosure: I have received the Bubble Bum to facilitate my review. All opinions are 100% my own.
My summer travel is now 1 huge step easier thanks to BubbleBum. I just received my BubbleBum for review in the mail and I am so excited to use it. We are not travelling anytime soon but we will be later this summer and BubbleBum will reduce our car seat luggage…3 car seats is a lot to transport every time we travel! BubbleBum is a “portable, foldable, loveable car booster seat.” BubbleBum was founded by Safekids USA Certified CPST Grainne Kelly who was “appalled by the lack of car seat boosters available from car rental desks even when booked in advance.”
- Use for ages 4-11, 40-100 lbs, up to 57″
- Portable and lightweight
- Inflates in less than 30 seconds by blowing into the valve at the rear of the seat (I tried it and it is so easy to do) – remember to close the valve when down inflating
- Folds flat and packs away into an included stretchy bag
- Durable material – similar to that of lifesaving vests etc
- Memory foam inside the air chamber cushion – adds stability and comfort
- Belt positioning clips included – holds the lap belt down
- Comes in purple/lime and now black/silver
- To clean, wipe clean and air dry
“The BubbleBum has been tested and approved to both the ECE R44.04 standard and crash tested to meet the USA FMVSS213 standards.” It is safe to use and is the perfect car seat for travel or carpool since it is so easy to move around. One other great thing is that the BubbleBum comes with a shoulder strap adjuster so the shoulder strap is at the right height for your child. Most users are raving about BubbleBum but of course there are going to be some negatives. It is hard to route the seat belt into the clips (difficult for a child and a little tricky for an adult) but once the belt is in the clip your child can buckle in. The other downside is if the BubbleBum gets a puncture then it is useless (cannot be repaired) because you do not want to use a damaged car seat for the safety of your child. The other thing is that some people say that it may not be the most comfortable for long car rides.
Overall I think the BubbleBum is an amazing product and I am so happy to have recieved one for review. I just cannot wait to start using it!