The Chicco Lullaby LX Playard has all the bells and whistles that you could wish for in a playard. Your baby will get so much use out of this playard that it will be worth your money when all is said and done.
- Bassinet with elevated changing table
- Thickly padded, quilted mattress pad and bassinet pad – remove for easy machine wash
- Toy gym with plush toys that can be used in the bassinet or on the floor as a play mat – you do not need to buy a separate play mat – yay!
- Electronics – music, vibration, nightlight – remote control included to control electronics from a distance
- Push button fold
- Travel bag included
- 15 lbs max for bassinet, 25 lbs for changing pad and 30 lbs for playard,
- 16 color combinations available
- Difficult to set up because of all the parts
- Even though the mattress can be removed, there is no option to cover with a sheet if you want to
- Expensive – $170
- Changing table needs to be strapped on and off to use
- Heavy – makes it harder to transport around
This sturdy Chicco Lullaby LX Playard is loved by many but also disliked by many. The non-believers find the bells and whistles annoying, inconvenient, unnecessary and excessive. A very convenient aspect is the wheels are exposed when the playard is packed int he travel bag. This means you can roll the playard instead of carrying the heavy load. The movable changing table is nice because it is stored away when not in use but I can only imagine holding your baby in the middle of the night and then having to attach the changing table to do a diaper change when you are exhausted, its dark and you are holding your baby. Not my idea of convenient! Despite the mixed reviews, overall, the Lullaby LX is a safe, sturdy and reliable playard.
If you are going to use the Lullaby LX daily or often then the price tag is worth it. For a travel, occasionally used playard, my suggestion would be to go for something basic without all the extra features.