Most infant car seats do not have a very good sunshade/cover (except the Orbit Infant Car Seat). As a result, when baby is sleeping in the car seat, the a blanket is the best option for covering baby. The problem with a blanket is it can shift with movement or the wind and you just have to be very careful that it is not on your baby’s face. A blanket as a car seat cover is not ideal but it is common.
The Shade by Imagine Baby is the perfect solution to the blanket issue. It is a unique way to cover baby from the outside elements (bugs, rain, wind, sun). Made from a Micropoly/Lycra blend, the fabric is breathable, provides UPF 50+ protection and has water wicking capabilities. The patented Shade is ideal for a sleeping or awake baby or to keep the car seat cool when it is unused sitting in a hot car.
- Flexible – fits most infant car seats
- Attaches to the hood leaving the handle unencumbered
- Mesh window – cover it when baby is sleeping but reveal it for an awake baby
- Simple design – no snaps, wires or bulky fabric
- Soft, silky fabric that comes in 4 colors – red, gray, black, pink
- Folds small to fit into a diaper bag, stroller etc…
- Machine wash, air dry
Attaching The Shade to the care seat is so simple. One end is an elastic cuff which you wrap around the foot end of the car seat. The top end you pull to wrap around the car seat shade and then wrap the elastic around the back of the shade. A foolproof cover that provides the protection that baby needs.
For $34.99 you can buy a useful infant car seat cover that will protect your baby and give parents peace of mind that baby is safe.