Getting ready to potty train? There are so many potty seats out there, how do you know which is the right one to buy? I made the mistake of buying 2 useless potty seats that are now collecting dust (keeping them just in case my daughter finds them useful). If you are going to buy a potty seat, the Boon Potty Bench is the right one to get, it is”modern, subtle and smart.” Now you can have a potty seat in your bathroom that is not going to be an eyesore with characters and bright colors.
- 2 enclosed side storage bases for books, wipes etc…
- Sturdy drawer slides out for easy and mess-free clean-up
- Close the lid and the bench turns into a step stool that supports up to 300 lbs
- Comes with built-in toilet paper holder
- Removable, soft deflector shield that flexes where it counts – guards against injury
- Wide, no lip base
- BpA-free, Phthalate-free and PVC-free
- 2 color options – white with green trim or white with blue trim
The Boon Potty bench is simple and basic. No bells and whistles! It does not sing or play music or “flush,” it basically serves as a learning potty for toddlers. It is wide so it does take up a lot of space and may not be a super useful stool for smaller kids since it is low to the ground. Another common complaint by users is that the Boon seems to be made for girls. The deflector does not always help little boys (it can be too high for smaller ones) and often there is a mess after if the deflector is not used correctly. I think once your little one figures out how to use it correctly it can be beneficial but hopefully by then they will not need it anymore.
$40 for the Boon Potty Bench is steep but the multi-function is great. Personally I think just getting a seat for the top of your regular toilet is enough (it worked for both of my boys) but if you really want a separate potty and have the space the Boon Potty Bench will serve you well for a long time!