I never realized Combi has travel system strollers until I stumbled upon the Cataylst. The Combi Cataylst is “a versatile, modular stroller that can easily converts from a travel system to bassinet stroller or toddler stroller. With multiple seating configurations the Catalyst is adaptable to every travel need.” The Combi Catalyst looks like a high end stroller. It is the type of stroller that will yield looks and comments everywhere you go.
- Infant car seat adapter system works with Combi Shuttle Infant Car Seat and other major infant car seat brands
- Reversible seating unit quickly converts from bassinet to toddler seat
- Lie-flat bassinet
- Three-position recline toddler seat
- One-hand telescoping handle with comfort grip
- All-wheel suspension
- Large under-seat storage, accessible from all sides
- Over-sized canopy with ventilation window
- Simple fold with automatic chassis lock
- One-step, linked parking brake
- Shoulder and buckle comfort padding
- Infant car seat adapter included
- For newborns up to 50 lbs
- Color options – red, blue, black
There are a few cons to the Combi Catalyst which make the stroller a little difficult. First of all there is no cup holder for baby or parent but this can be easily solved by buying an accessory. A bigger issue is the car seat adapter. It must be removed if the bassinet is in use so you are constantly taking it on and off for use in different modes. Also, when using a car seat, not only does the car seat click in but then you have to weave a strap through the car seat for safety. Finally the Catalyst is bulky and heavy at 34 lbs.
Overall the Catalyst is a decent stroller, it is versatile but I would not say it is amazing. It looks great but there are a lot of plastic parts mixed in with the aluminum frame which some users worry about the plastic breaking. It maneuvers great and will get you where you want to go smoothly. The Catalyst is expensive at $380 but if you want a stroller that looks high-end without paying high-end prices then the Catalyst is the way to go.