The phil & teds smart buggy is the smartest choice you’ll make when choosing the best lightweight stroller for your child and your city lifestyle. A colorful, fun stroller with many different options:
- With the additional peanut carrycot (sold separately), allow your baby to lay down flat.
- Car seat adapter sold separately, the smart buggy becomes a travel system.
- Baby faces you – recline seat for maximum comfort of baby
- Baby faces forward – recline for comfort
- Stroller weight – 18 lbs
- Compact and smooth telescopic fold
- Super slim for crowded city streets and stores
- Aerocore seat – soft, spongy, hypo-allergenic, insulating, ventilating, UV resistant, waterproof, non-toxic, wipes clean
- Extended leg support – non-adjustable foot rest
- Zip on, zip off, extended canopy – folds all the way down
- 5 point safety harness – super easy to adjust to 3 levels
- 7″ front swivel wheels and 9″ rear wheels with suspension
- Medium sized storage basket
- Seat usage for babies 6 months – 4 years old (44 lbs max)
The most fun detail about he smart buggy is the create your own stroller feature. Choose from 7 seat colors, 6 hood colors and 6 liners to make the most colorful stroller you could ever want.
Now for the negatives:
- Small, narrow seat
- Seat is not super cushiony unless you buy the liner (sold separately) for a softer, cushioned seat
- Minimal recline – upright and 1.5 inches recline which is hardly anything – reclines from front so not easy
- Non-adjustable handles that are 38″ from the ground to the handles – shorter than your average handles
- Front wheels do not lock for stroller use on rough terrain
- 2 handed fold, 2 step fold
- No cup holder for baby or parent
So the phil & teds smart buggy looks awesome but it is just missing too many key facts to make it your one and only stroller. If this is your quick, errand stroller for an older child than it works but it is heavier than many other umbrella strollers. Before you buy the smart for its snazzy colors and style, make sure you are okay with the lack of recline, lower handlebar and fold. Those are some big things that you don’t want to be disappointed with if you will be using the stroller often.