If you have not heard of Quinny yet, you will be glad you are reading this post. Quinny is “Europe’s most respected stroller brand” and has become super popular in the US over the years. The Quinny Buzz 3 has received a lot of buzz this year as a highly coveted stroller this year. With the ability to use it as a travel system and then have your baby grow into the stroller, the Buzz is a long term, solid investment or city dwellers.
- Use from birth to 5o lbs
- With the touch of a button it unfolds automatically thanks to a patented gas spring – first unlock a latch then push down on handlebar and the stroller does the rest
- Folding is not as easy, it requires latch and pushing motion – requires an extra strap to ensure stroller does not open in folded postion
- Use with the Quinny Carrycot or the stroller is compatible with the Maxi-Cosi Infant Car Seat or with the additional adapter it is compatible with many other popular car seats
- 2 way reclining seat
- Adjustable foot rest
- Adjustable handlebar
- Memory foam seat – comfortable, soft, water and dirt repellent, wipe clean
- Detachable wheels. – to fold extra compact, remove the wheels
- Storage basket holds up to 11 lbs
- Full suspension hard plastic 7″ front tires – lock or swivel
- Full suspension air filled rear tires
- Veritcally adjustable canopy for taller children
- Cup holder included
- Stroller weight 36 lbs
The Quinny Buzz 3 is a fantastic all-terrain stroller but its does outweigh many other all-terrain strollers by about 10 lbs. The extra features and solid stroller contribute to the added weight. The sturdiness is a plus but the weight is a minus when you are constantly lifting and carrying the stroller in and out of a car. The other downside is the underneath basket is not large, it works but does not hold a lot. The folding of the stroller is a little cumbersome and then to ensure the stroller stays locked, an additional strap is required. It takes a lot of effort. Finally, the max stroller weight is slightly less than many other strollers but really will you be using the stroller when your child is over 50 lbs?
If you are a city dweller who will not be doing a lot of folding and carrying of the stroller then the Quinny Buzz will serve you well. It is rock solid with the most comfortable stroller seat for your child. It will handle bumpy city streets fantastically and it maneuvers well with those air and plastic wheels.
I do not think the Quinny Buzz is fantastic for people who travel much or who take the stroller in and out of the car often. All the negatives associated with it (stroller weight, folding mechanism). Overall it is fantastic, just not for everyone.