This summer, UppaBaby strayed outside of their comfort zone of strollers and came out with their first ever infant car seat, the Mesa. This is an expensive but great infant car seat. It is only compatible with the UppaBaby Vista and Cruz strollers and a few other strollers on the market (check the stroller you have to confirm the compatibility).
- SMARTSECURE System – 10 second accurate install, red to green tension indicator provides visual confirmation that the car seat is installed correctly
- Adjustable headrest with Side Impact Protection (SIP)
- No re-thread harness
- 1-push stroller release on handle
- Hideaway canopy with SPF 50+
- Built-in lock-off for secure seatbelt installation when using a seat belt to install the base
- Pockets built into the side of the seat allow for seat belt to be tucked away when putting baby in and taking them out of the car seat
- For babies 4-35 lbs with a max height of 32″
- Low profile base
- 4 colors – tangerine/carbon, black, wheat, teal
- Car seat weight – 11.3 lbs
The UppaBaby Mesa’s only downfall is that it is heavier, by 1-2 pounds, than other infant car seats. If you plan on doing a lot of car seat carrying than the extra weight (plus baby) can get heavy. The Mesa retails for $280 which is steep as I said but there are so many positive points to the Mesa that it is a winner as far as car seats go.