The original Baby Bjorn High Chair was banned in the US because it did not have safety straps. The tray table was the harness which is not safe enough for the US so it was only available overseas. The new Baby Bjorn High Chair is revised with a safety harness and with a foldable, lockable tray for extra protection.
- Ergonomic design – curved backrest and rounded, adjustable tray keeps your baby snug so they can’t stand using the footrest or push back on the tray to make high chair tip backwards
- Tray – top part is detachable and dishwasher safe, tray does not come off only folds down, lockable
- Adjustable 3 point harness
- Made of smooth plastic and coated steel – no nooks and crannies to facilitate easy cleaning
- High chair folds to a 10 inch width for easy storage
- Weighs 11 lbs
- Easy to assemble, snap the legs without using any tools
- Use from about 5 months (when baby can almost sit unassisted) to 3 years (max height 35 inches)
- Available in white and red
The Baby Bjorn High Chair is super basic and simple. No extra fancy features to make it stand out from the rest. The tray is on the smaller side and so is the overall high chair so if your child is a little bigger it may not be a great fit. On the other hand, the high chair is not as tall as other high chairs so it sits at the perfect height of most average tables which is great if you want baby to feel like they are eating with the rest of the family. Also the compact size and folding ability of the high chair is fantastic for people who have space issues.
I can’t say that I highly recommend the Baby Bjorn High Chair because the $300 price just seems absurd to me. It is not a bad high chair but it is just so expensive for something that does not have many features and does not have very long term use.